- The fourth Tuesday in May is the first day of Grievance every year. You may submit your RP-524 NYS Board of Real Property Services Complaint on Real Property Assessment form at the Town of Vestal Assessor's Office, 516 Front Street, Vestal, New York, between May 1 and 4 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday in May. The Assessor's Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If Memorial Day falls on a business day, the Assessor's Office will be closed.
- Beginning May 1st Grievance applications are available at the Assessor's Office, or on the internet at http://www.tax.ny.gov/research/property/default.htm
- Grievance hearings will be held at the Town of Vestal Town Hall Boardroom, 305 Vestal Parkway West, Vestal, NY, 13850.
- When you submit your Grievance application you will be given a fifteen-minute appointment to appear before an independent Board of Assessment Review. Appointments will be scheduled in the order that applications are submitted. No walk-in reviews will be heard. If necessary, adjourned hearings will be held beginning the day after the fourth Tuesday in May.
- Please be prepared to submit your proof of value along with your completed Grievance form. Remember, your best proof of value is a recent appraisal conforming to the Valuation Standards in Sec 302 of the New York State Property Tax Law. Recommended research on the law may be found at the link below.
- Please call the Assessor's Office at (607) 754-3314 if you have any questions or concerns about this process.