Interested in Vestal's history? The following books and documents are a good place to start.
- "Images of America - Vestal" © 2008 by Margaret Hadsell
Available for purchase at local book stores or onlilne. Also on loan from the Vestal Public Library.
- Articles published in the short-lived Vestal Life Magazine:
- 190th Anniversary Articles
The following series of articles celebrating Vestal's 190th Anniversary, 1823-2013, have appeared in the Vestal Town Crier. Additional information and sources are found at my office. I hope you enjoy discovering some new and interesting facts about Vestal's history! Each of these articles is being expanded for future publication.
- No. 1 - In the Beginning
- No. 2 - Along the Rippling Susquehanna
- No. 3 - Turning Patents into Hamlets
- No. 4 - 3 R's in One Room
- No. 5 - Treasures from the Past
- No. 6 - Bridging the Gap
- No. 7 - Our Agrarian Heritage
- No. 8 - Of Mules and Iron Horses
- No. 9 - Following the Beaten Path
- No. 10 - Blown to Smithereens!
- No. 11 - R.I.P.
- No. 12 - Weathering Adversity
- No. 13 - $50 Million Main Street
- No. 14 - Help is on the Way
- No. 15 - Origins of Worship in the 19th Century
- No. 16 - Vestal's 190th Draws to a Close
A new book filled with Vestal history and photos is "in the works". If you have items such as diaries, letters, photos, or stories you'd like to share for the book, please email Vestal Historian, Margaret Hadsell at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 607-321-6038, or stop by the office.