The Tax Receiver office collects Town and County taxes. The office is also responsible for bank escrow maintenance and helping the Assessor's office with address changes.
You can find current tax information at www.taxlookup.net
Vestal School District Tax Collection
**NEW FOR 2018**
The Town of Vestal will now be providing tax collection for the
Vestal School District
Check payable to: Vestal Central School District
The US Postal Service postmark determines the date payment is made.
NEW mailing address: Debra Wallace Receiver
516 Front Street
Vestal, NY 13850
In person payment at: Town of Vestal Tax Collector's Office
516 Front Street, Vestal, NY 13850
Collection Hours*: Due Dates:
September 4, 2018 - October 31, 2018 On or before October 3, 2018 (no penalty)
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm October 4 - 31, 2018 (2% penalty)
*Closed Monday October 8, 2018
Tax Help-Line: (607) 754-3369
* DO NOT STAPLE OR TAPE THE CHECK TO THE PAYMENT COUPON
* To confirm your tax bill is paid, go to www.taxlookup.net. Search for Payment History. This screen shows the amount of tax billed and date of payment with an option to print. If you pay in person, the tax collector will stamp the bill paid. If paying by mail, you may request a receipt by returning the entire bill and checking the box to request a receipt.
* Do not combine payments for another taxing district. Each district is a separate legal entity for collections, requiring separate checks.
To avoid having your payment returned:
- Be sure to sign your check.
- Make sure check is payable to "Vestal Central School District".
- Include payment coupon and check mailed together to the above address.
- In the "Memo" section, identify the property by bill number, address, or tax map number. Make sure the numeric amount is clearly written and equal to the written dollar amount.
- Make sure your payment is postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service on or before the due date of the payment.
Please be aware that taxes can only be recieved one of two ways. In person at 516 Front Street (hours listed above) or through the US Postal System (US postmarks are the only acceptable marking for dating. Metered machine marks are not accepted as they can be adjusted) Any questions feel free to contact my office.
Please leave a voice mail messages when the office is closed. Calls will be returned when the office is open. Messages are checked regularly throughout the year and calls returned on a regular basis. If you have exemption questions please call the assessor office at 754-3314.
Current Town of Vestal Tax Rates
Current County Tax Rate $7.59
Current School Tax Rate $22.69302100
Note: If the property is in a special district other charges may apply.